From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x11-terms/terminator and hide_window shortcut key
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:07:23
1 On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 02:12:57PM +0800, Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 > Terminator claims it depends on python-keybinder for the show/hide function
3 > to work, but even after installing dev-libs/keybinder +python, pressing the
4 > show/hide window shortcut doesnt seem to do anything. Well, today's not a
5 > bad day to try something new: does anyone use terminator, and if so, has
6 > anyone ever gotten the show/hide shortcut key to work?
7
8 Where do you see this information about show/hide window shortcut? I
9 don't see it in the man page
10 http://www.tenshu.net/wp-content/uploads/terminator.html
11
12 A bit more searching shows that to be possibly a recent patch?
13 https://code.launchpad.net/~peterbjorgensen/terminator/dropdown
14 Does the gentoo install actually include that patch? (I think not. The
15 gentoo install uses the 0.95 sources which was released on August last
16 year, whereas the merge of the dropdown patch into trunk on launchpad
17 was approved in October.) Maybe you just need to wait until the 0.96
18 version.
19
20 Cheers,
21
22 W
23 --
24 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
25 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
26 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton