From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE menu structure lost by using gnome
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:23:37
1 quoth the Roy Wright:
2
3 > Is there any way to recover? Or do I just have to take the hour or two
4 > and recreate my menu structure?
5
6 Perhaps try kappfinder...or perhaps use the desktop settings wizard to change
7 back to default state if kappfinder doesn't work.
8
9 > Is this clashing of menu structures normal between window managers?
10 > If so, any tools for backing up the menu structure? Or a way to tell gnome
11 > to use kde menu structure?
12
13 I believe this is because of the 'freedesktop' standard[1] or whatever. From
14 what I have gleamed from various mailing lists it creates more clashes than
15 integration (I cannot speak personally on this as I don't run Gnome). Though,
16 I of course may be wrong here.
17
18 > Also I don't understand how or where the menu structure is defined on
19 > disk. Any good references?
20
21 Have a look in ~/.kde/share/applnk
22
23 As for docs on this: ???...
24
25 > TIA,
26 > Roy
27
28 [1] http://freedesktop.org/wiki
29
30 -d
31 --
32 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
33 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
34 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list