From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alsactl store wont save alsamixer
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:02:52
1 Allan Spagnol Comar schreef:
2 > Hi all, I am having a bit of trouble trying to save alsamixer
3 > settings. I had tried every little thing I know and could make it to
4 > work, if I reboot my system alsamixer settings go all to mute :(
5
6 rc-update add alsasound default
7
8 The 'alsasound' daemon saves your settings on exit (poweroff), and more
9 importantly, reloads them at boot.
10
11 'Alsactl store' doesn't help much if you don't somehow account for
12 'alsactl restore' :-) . Alsasound is the easiest way to do this, but you
13 can just get your session manager to run the command for you, if you prefer.
14
15 Hope this helps,
16 Holly
17
18 P.S. also-- if you're using KDE and KMix, make sure that you don't have
19 KMix overriding the alsa mixer settings (or unmute the KMix settings).
20
21 H.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list