From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev 103, alsa dual soundcard problem [solved]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:27:37
1 Michael Schreckenbauer wrote on 28/11/06 15:44:
2 >> Yesterday I upgraded udev to 103, but have hit some problems with alsa
3 >> configuration of multiple sound cards.
4 >> Even worse is that udev seems to discover the sound cards in the reverse
5 >> order to coldplug. My Audigy card becomes /dev/dsp1 and the Intel card
6 >> is /dev/dsp0.
7
8 > I had this problem some time ago. The solution was to add
9
10 > options snd-emu10k1 index=0
11 > options snd-intel8x0 index=1
12
13 > to /etc/modules.d/alsa
14 > run modules-update and restart alsa (or reboot) after that.
15
16 Hi Michael, thanks, this fixed the problem.
17
18 Also thanks to everyone who responded to my question. The answers
19 taught me how udev works, that's really useful, can't be bad.
20
21 Cheers, Dave
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list