From: nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IBM Workpad Z50, which gentoo list should I write to?
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 01:19:51
1 Michael Crute wrote:
2 > On 8/7/06, nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hi. I have an IBM workpad z50, and I am curious if there is a gentoo
4 >> port that could possibly run on it. If not, what can I do to get one
5 >> started? Also, if there is a better list to ask on, please let me know.
6 >
7 > You may want to ask the question on gentoo-laptop too, but this
8 > question is OK here too. I would suggest you take a look at the Gentoo
9 > MIPS page [1] though I would imagine that its going to be hard to find
10 > anything that is going to fit well onto a 16MB ram disk that was
11 > designed to be a thin client. Even so... a google for linux 16mb ram
12 > turns up some interesting and promising results [2][3]
13 >
14 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/mips/index.xml
15 > [2] http://www.linuxlinks.com/Distributions/Mini_Distributions/
16 > [3] http://jailbait.sourceforge.net/
17 >
18 > -Mike
19 >
20 I actually have 48 mb of ram in the z50, and it runs netbsd just fine, I
21 was just wondering if there had ever been any progress past the linux-vr
22 stuff that ran on it but didn't support more than 16 ram, I think this
23 was stuff happening around 2000... anyway, just hoping someone might
24 have an idea.
25
26 Mike, thanks for the links..
27