From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: AMD ''Vishera'' FX-Series CPU
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 19:56:47
1 James wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >>>>>>>> Gigabyte 990DX
6 > So, I agree on the Gigabyte mobo. However, googling
7 > shows me some concern about using the existing AM3+
8 > mobo's with the FX-8350 (4gHz) this board looks up
9 > to the task; GA-990FXA-UD3.
14 If you go to the Gigabyte website, it will show what CPUs are supported
15 and what versions of BIOS you need for it to work. It's hard to say
16 what would be in the box tho. If the company you buy from has some old
17 stock, you may get a old version BIOS. I'm not sure how that would work
18 or if you could even get the mobo to work long enough to update the
19 BIOS. Maybe someone else has ran into that tho.
20
21 I'm planning to upgrade when I can. New CPU, new mobo and maybe new
22 ram. I got to get a few other things done first tho. I do plan to buy
23 Gigabyte tho.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!