From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd-197-r1 starts gdm-3.6.2
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 07:48:56
1 Am 05.03.2013 07:40, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
2
3 > Sorry, long trip, just got home. I messed up NTP with hwclock. Anyway,
4 > I don't handle hwclock either: it's basically included in systemd:
5 >
6 > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/src/shared/hwclock.c
7
8 wow, and I thought there has to be _one_ thing which is not included in
9 systemd ;-)
10
11 I also run ntp-client.service ... nice to have. Although I read that
12 timedatectl also somehow includes or controls ntp synchronization.
13
14 http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/timedatectl.html
15 mentions chronyd as ntp-service.
16
17 Gotta read on.
18
19 I assume it won't make any real difference for me as a user.
20
21 Stefan