From: Marek Miller <mlm.mailing.list@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] strange system behaviour.
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 18:27:27
1 Ten days ago I upgraded the kernel to the newest version
2 (gentoo-sources). My machine (x86 laptop) was running
3 smoothly without shuting down the system for nine days,
4 then I rebooted my system and the disaster came.
5 (In the mean time I run emerge -vaDuN world command).
6 I really don't know, what's happened: the system hangs
7 every 15 minutes, most of applications don't work
8 properly (emerge, firefox etc.) and put out <Segmentation
9 fault>.
10 Several times I catch a message on the console, but
11 cannot read the whole thing, because of system reboot
12 (It was something like: BUG cannot handle kernel NULL
13 pointer...)
14
15 Does anybody suspect, what's the problem?
16
17 I include my .config file, lspci output and couple of
18 /var/log/messages.
19
20 Thanks in advance.
21 Marek Miller