From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox, downloading files and odd behavior.
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 10:21:11
1 On Sunday, 6 January 2019 22:13:31 GMT Dale wrote:
2
3 > Even from my simple setup, LVM adds more benefits to managing data and
4 > drives than it does risk. The biggest thing, placing blame where it
5 > lies. Blaming LVM for a drive dying is placing the blame on something
6 > that wasn't the root of the problem. The dying drive was the problem,
7 > using LVM or not.
8
9 He isn't doing that, though. As I read it, he recounted the tale of recovering
10 data from a failed drive, then imagined how much worse it would be if it were
11 in an LVM setup. [Reported speech and mixed-up tenses causing me a problem
12 here...]
13
14 Thanks Gevisz, that was interesting. What we used to call a cautionary tale.
17 Regards,
18 Peter.