From: Aaron Clark <ophidian@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bad mirror in portage?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:07:46
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Kevin O'Gorman<kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> My latest sync was busted, and not being aware of picking my own
4 >> mirrors, I wonder what to do about it.
5 >
6 > I use the meta-mirrors, as listed in and suggested by the commented
7 > parts of make.conf:
8 >
9 > SYNC is the server used by rsync to retrieve a localized rsync mirror
10 > rotation. This allows you to select servers that are geographically
11 > close to you, yet still distribute the load over a number of servers.
12 > Please do not single out specific rsync mirrors. Doing so places undue
13 > stress on particular mirrors. Instead you may use one of the
14 > following continent specific rotations:
15 >
16 > Default: "rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
17 > North America: "rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
18 > South America: "rsync://rsync.samerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
19 > Europe: "rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
20 > Asia: "rsync://rsync.asia.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
21 > Australia: "rsync://rsync.au.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
22
23 I got the same error this morning as described by the OP and I use North
24 America meta-mirror for my SYNC target. Most likely, the change at
25 Arctic Networks has not been communicated to the mirror folks at infra,
26 or they haven't yet gotten around to updating the meta-mirror.
27
28 Aaron