From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] jbd2 keeps spinning my disk up
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:28:45
1 On Sun 31 July 2011 18:39:21 Peter Humphrey did opine thusly:
2 > On Sunday 31 July 2011 17:05:39 Michael Mol wrote:
3 > > However, if it's doing that, then it probably has something it
4 > > needs to write to disk. That might be metadata updates.
5 >
6 > What, at least once a minute? While the system's idling, waiting for
7 > something to do? Doesn't sound likely to me.
8
9 Sounds like the kind of thing cron would do - log something once a
10 minute
13 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com