From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Hard drive RPMs and data speed.
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:54:51
1 On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 7:18 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Amazon streams now but I haven't tried them yet. (Watch out for 'One
5 >> Touch' and accidentally spending money...)
6 >
7 > Amazon streaming works fine in Linux (I've tried it), it just uses the
8 > plain old Adobe Flash plug-in.
12 Therein apparently lies the problem for me. Adobe Flash no longer
13 works on my machine since adding a second video card. I just tried
14 Amazon in Firefox 7 and it just sits doing nothing.
15
16 I _think_ this is related to using Xinerama on KDE but when I posted
17 questions here (twice) I got no responses so it seems few people are
18 doing this. For my futures trading I need 3 or 4 monitors and I
19 couldn't make sense out of using X without Xinerama so I seem stuck,
20 at least native in Gentoo. I suspect it's fine in a Windows VM but
21 I've got Jimmy Kimmel running at the moment so I'll test that later.
22
23 I REALLY, REALLY miss having all the OpenGL stuff you get with KDE. I
24 had it with one Nvidia card but not with two...
25
26 - Mark