From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody have kdebluetooth working?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 23:30:58
1 On Monday 27 Feb 2012, Mick wrote:
2 > On 26 February 2012 15:12, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 26 Feb 2012, Mick wrote:
4 > >> if your run:
5 > >>
6 > >> # sdptool browse <your_device_MAC_address>
7 > >>
8 > >> it will list a number of services that the device supports after you
9 > >> connect it to your PC.
10 > >>
11 > >> Although I could not browse any files using Dophin or obexftp, I was
12 > >> able to send and receive files using obex push.
13 > >
14 > > I tried the browse but got "Protocol not supported". :(
15 >
16 > Hmm ... odd!
17 >
18 > Have you compiled all the necessary BT drivers in your kernel/as
19 > modules? Are they loaded?
20
21 I am glad we had this little chat! I always pass my kernel configs from
22 release to release, so I went and checked the bluetooth section, and lo, it
23 looks like it got reorganised some time after version 3.0.0 and lots of
24 options were no longer checked. Fixed that and now bluetooth works: I can
25 transfer files and browse the phones storage.
26
27 Thanks for giving me a nudge. :)
28 -Robin
29 --
30 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
31 Robin Atwood.
32
33 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
34 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
35 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling
48 Robin Atwood.
49
50 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
51 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
52 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling