From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on rpi
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 15:36:38
1 Hello list,
2
3 I have a Pi 400, on which I'd like to install Gentoo if I can. I've tried a
4 few approaches so far, but each one has fallen foul of some obstacle. For
5 instance, today I tried installing a small Gentoo system into a chroot, to do
6 the compiling there. It seemed to be going well until time came to upgrade
7 openssl. It stopped when it couldn't cope with the ARM platform. Zlib also
8 failed, needing static compilation, I think.
9
10 I see references to using crossdev, wine and taking a prebuilt system from
11 various sources, but I haven't found a way through yet.
12
13 What setup do people use for compiling for Raspberry Pi?
16 Regards,
17 Peter.