From: Peter Kelly <linuxpete@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaner USE variable in /etc/make.conf
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:05:34
1 On Tuesday 11 July 2006 06:04, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I have a long USE variable (starts with "-*", so I enter stuff
3 > manually. At one point it got to be something like...
4 >
5 > USE="-* 3dnow X a52 aac alsa bitmap-fonts bzip2 cdr dga dio divx4linux dri
6 > dvd dvdr dvdread encode exif ffmpeg flac fortran gb gif gtk2 imlib jpeg
7 > maildir mikmod mime mmap mmx mng mp3 mpeg ncurses nptl nptlonly nsplugin
8 > offensive ogg opengl plotutils png posix quicktime readline sdl sharedmem
9 > slang sockets sse sse2 theora threads tiff truetype truetype-fonts
10 > type1-fonts vcd vorbis win32codecs wmf xpm xv zlib"
11 >
12 > BLEAGH! I've now broken it up into logical groupings...
13 >
14 > USE_cpu="3dnow mmx sse sse2"
15 > USE_font="bitmap-fonts truetype-fonts type1-fonts"
16 > USE_gui="X dga dri gtk2 opengl sdl xv"
17 > USE_multimedia="a52 aac alsa divx4linux encode exif ffmpeg flac gif jpeg
18 > mikmod mng mp3 mpeg ogg png quicktime theora tiff vcd vorbis win32codecs
19 > wmf xpm" USE_misc="bzip2 cdr dio dvd dvdr dvdread fortran gb imlib maildir
20 > mime mmap ncurses nptl nptlonly nsplugin offensive plotutils posix readline
21 > sharedmem slang sockets threads zlib"
22 >
23 > which is followed by...
24 >
25 > USE="-* ${USE_cpu} ${USE_font} ${USE_gui} ${USE_multimedia} ${USE_misc}"
26 >
27 Glad to see that using "-*" made your life easier.
28
29 Peter
32 "I call Christianity the *one* great curse, the *one* great intrinsic
33 depravity, the *one* great instinct for revenge for which no expedient
34 is sufficiently poisonous, secret, subterranean, *petty* -- I call it
35 the *one* mortal blemish of mankind."
36 te-- Friedrich Nietzsche
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list