From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about SATA and hot plugging.
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 06:12:56
1 On 15/12/2010, at 4:59pm, Andrea Conti wrote:
2 >>> The SATA spec allows for hot plugging, so technically yes ...
3 >> My recollection of my understanding (multiple disclaimers) was that SATA *allowed* for SATA hot-plugging but didn't *mandate* it.
4 >
5 > ...
6 > We have quite a number of software RAID setups with SATA disks in hot-swap backplanes; so far we found that hotplug works quite reliably on Intel (ICH9R/ICH10R), AMD (SB700/SB800) and Silicon Image (sil3132) controllers.
7
8 That is *extremely* helpful, thank you.
9
10 Stroller.