From: Avaricen <avaricen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] write 'emerge -f' to a file
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:56:27
1 Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 > On 1/19/07, Jens Kubieziel <kubieziel@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> a friend of mine wants to use Gentoo, but has a poor internet
6 >> connection.
7 >> We are thinking about a convenient way to get packages. We thought about
8 >> redefining $FETCHCOMMAND to something like 'FETCHCOMMAND="echo ${URI}
9 >> > package.file'. But that (and also other tries) did not work. What is
10 >> the best way
11 >> to get a file of download-URLs to feed to wget?
12 >>
13 >> Thanks for any recommendations
14 >
15 > There are many ways of doying this, and what you've tried will most
16 > certainly not work :-), try something like:
17 >
18 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Downloading_distfiles_on_another_machine
19 >
20 > There are more tips regarding this at the Wiki, check Google too...
21 >
22 I have a poor internet connection, I've found emerge --fetchonly to be
23 great. There's also a TIP for portage on dialup on the Gentoo wiki. Do a
24 search for it on Google. Hope this helps.
25
26 Best Regards.
27 Avaricen
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list