From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Missing init script in util-vserver?
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:55:55
1 On Thursday 29 March 2007, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Anyone else here using Linux-VServer?
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/vps/vserver-howto.xml
6 >
7 > The howto has recently been updated, and section 2.7 says after
8 > emerging util-vserver-0.30.212 (no longer in portage) two
9 > init-scripts will be present on the host: vprocunhide & util-vserver
10 >
11 > I'm running util-vserver-0.30.212-r2 and only /etc/init.d/vprocunhide
12 > is present, just as it was before. (there is
13 > an /etc/init.d/vservers.default, but that's something else).
14 > util-vserver-0.30.212-r1 also doesn't provide this second script.
15 >
16 > Is this just a thinko in the docs, or something deeper?
17
18 Replying to my own post here with the solution:
19
20 I got in touch with hollow (the howto maintainer) and the portage tree
21 got out of sync with the howto updates. He's added a clarification to
22 the howto and all should come right with my next sync.
23
24 Soryr for the noise :-)
25
26 alan
29 Optimists say the glass is half full,
30 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
31 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
32
33 Alan McKinnon
34 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
35 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list