From: Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Question about an ebuild (rpki-client)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 15:48:22
1 Hi,
2
3 I written an ebuild for OpenBSD’s rpki-client(8) but some things seem a
4 bit weird to me, or at least very hackish. (and I’m not the most
5 talented at this exercise and I’m a network guy, not a system one)
6 https://git.grifon.fr/alarig/SwordArMor-gentoo-overlay/src/branch/master/net-misc/rpki-client/rpki-client-0.2.0.ebuild
7
8 1. The version isn’t in the classical form x.y.z but VERSION_0_2_0, so I
9 hardcoded it. Is there an elegant way to fix it? The only I have in mind
10 is VERSION=$(echo ${PV} | sed).
11
12 2. If --prefix is used as an argument to ./configure, the script returns
13 a nonzero exit code, so I explicitly call it with the options and I use
14 DESTDIR, BINDIR and MANDIR in src_install. Is there a better way?
15
16 3. epatch doesn’t want to work in src_prepare (environement: command not
17 found). Is it still OK to do cd; eapply in src_unpack?
18
19 4. The OpenBSD man is in the 8th section but with my ebuild it’s in 1st.
20 I didn’t fin a way to change the section with doman, am I stuck with 1?
21 Is it the right section on a Linux system?
22
23 There is no openrc script for now, but I think that I can deal with it
24 at the moment. I will write one when I will be sure that my ebuild isn’t
25 too ugly.
26
27 Thanks!
28 --