From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (OT) Recommendations for WLAN-AP?
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 00:35:15
1 Paul Tobias <tobias.pal@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 2 May 2015 at 17:17, <wabenbau@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > > Am 27.04.2015 um 20:37 schrieb wabenbau@×××××.com:
8 > > > > I'm searching for a new WLAN-AP that is fast, powerful and
9 > > > > reliable. I can remember that there were some recommendations in
10 > > > > this list some weeks/months ago, but I can't find them.
11 > > > >
12 > > > > Regards
13 > > > > wabe
14 > > > >
15 > > > >
16 > > >
17 > > > tplink archer series?
18 > > >
19 > > > can cope with 20 laptops at the same time easily and is not too
20 > > > expensiv.
21 > >
22 > > Thanks Volker. I will have a look at it.
23 > >
24 > > --
25 > > Regards
26 > > wabe
29 > Hi wabe, did you decide yet? You might find this article useful:
30 > http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/03/from-the-wirecutter-the-best-wi-fi-router-for-most-people-anyway/
31 >
32 > Before that article came out, I also arrived at the same conclusion:
33 > the TP-Link Archer C7 v2 is the best for me. My requirements also
34 > included OpenWRT support.
35
36 I have two questions about the Archer C7 v2.
37
38 1. Can the stock firmware handle multiple SSIDs and VLANs?
39 2. Can OpenWRT on the Archer C7 handle multiple SSIDs and VLANs?
42 Regards
43 wabe