From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Monitoring temperatures
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 22:58:17
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 02:26:36 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> What may also be a good idea is to have some way to shut the systems
6 >> down when they get to hot or if the A/C fails.
9 > Most BIOSes will do this automatically,although they tend to let the
10 > temperature get quite high. lm_sensors includes a daemon that will monitor
11 > temperatures and send warnings and alarms.
17 I may be wrong here, but doesn't it just shut off like cutting off
18 power? Or does it tell the OS to do the shutdown, like in a real
19 hurry? I never tested that "feature" so I'm not real clear on how that
20 works.
21
22 Dale
23