From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: flickering thunderbird and firefox
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:08:08
1 On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:55:10 +0100
2 "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
3
4 > Other windows like terminals or browsers (chrome, opera) are not
5 > affected ... but in thunderbird I get flickering message windows which
6 > is rather annoying.
7 >
8 > Sorry, I don't know how to describe it in a better way. Does anyone
9 > have an idea? Some mozilla-specific problem ;-) ?
10
11 Try setting layers.acceleration.disabled to true in about:config. (I'm
12 sorry I don't remember how to get to about:config in Thunderbird; I
13 think there's a button somewhere.)
14
15 In case layers.acceleration.force-enabled is set to true (it shouldn't
16 be), toggle it to false.
17
18 I think these settings require a restart of the application to take
19 effect.