From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome intrusion?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 23:32:45
1 On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 08:49:57PM +0000, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2
3 > >> I tried Pale Moon once, but I think it had the same problem as Firefox
4 > >> regarding cpu use, namely with youtube.
5 > >
6 > > That’s one reason why I had never used video sites in the past and now as
7 > > soon as I found out about youtube-dl. Unlike its name suggests, it supports
8 > > dozens of video sites.
9 > > Not only allows me that to play the video using my favourite video player,
10 > > but also to play at higher speeds -- all of that at minimal system load.
11 > > (Not to mention being able to achive videos I’d like to keep).
12
13 > Good hint. Still, some of the suggestions from youtube are useful, and
14 > I suppose I would loose that.
15
16 I typed a little quickly and distractedly. I do still »use« the video
17 sites. Just I never use their player. ^^
18 It’s become automatic:
19 - press y in Firefox (vim addon’s hotkey to copy current URL)
20 - switch to terminal, press ",y " and insert url (",y" being my bash alias
21 for youtube-dl)
22 - wait a moment or open a second terminal and watch the video while it’s
23 still being downloaded. Try that, Windows. :D
26 Hm.. maybe I should try Palemoon, too. I’m keeping Firefox on version
27 49 because my beloved vim addon is not signed. I can’t live^wbrowse without
28 it.
29 --
30 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
31 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
32
33 Tea? No, thanks. I am an atheist.