From: "Beau E. Cox" <beaucox@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Andrei Slavoiu <ansla80@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Are multiple emerges safe?
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:35:17
1 On Sunday 29 January 2006 01:04 am, Andrei Slavoiu wrote:
2 > --- "Beau E. Cox" <beaucox@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Hi -
4 > >
5 > > Can I safely emerge (different packages,
6 > > non-interdependent) in
7 > > different terminal sessions at the same time?
8 > >
9 > > --
10 > > Aloha => Beau;
11 > >
12 > > --
13 > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
14 >
15 > Yes, you can start as many sesions of emerge as you
16 > like, even for the same package, portage uses locks to
17 > make sure they do not conflict with each other.
18 > A very useful application for this is to do something
19 > like this: in one console start `emerge -f kde` and in
20 > another `emerge kde`. The first will just download the
21 > files needed and the second will compile them.
22
23 That's good to know. I used Sorcerer for about two years and
24 was burned by trying multiple 'casts' (the Sorcerer emerge)
25 several times, so I just wanted to check.
29 > Do You Yahoo!?
30 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
31 > http://mail.yahoo.com
34 Aloha => Beau;
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list