From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternatives to knutclient
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 23:39:23
1 On Monday, 30 October 2017 21:01:35 GMT Dale wrote:
2 > While it is usually plugged into a surge strip already,
3 > the more the better. Actually, surge at the wall, UPS, then another
4 > surge strip that all my stuff plugs into.
5
6 I'm sure I have read in some UPS manual that it should be plugged directly
7 into the mains socket and not via a surge protector. I assumed the manual
8 stated this because when the varistors in the surge protector start conducting
9 excess current during a surge, this could start competing against the AVR in
10 the UPS, flipping the battery on/off and perhaps causing a race condition. I
11 haven't looked into it, but that's how I perceived it at the time.
12
13 Of course we're talking of normal transients here, not a direct hit by a
14 lightning! LOL!
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick