From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:05:45
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:19:02 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> I also tried to burn this with tkdvd but it failed too. I don't think
6 >> the media is bad. It doesn't appear to be k3b since the other program
7 >> fails too. I also updated to the latest testing but no
8 >> difference that I can see. It does sometimes burn and sometimes if I
9 >> try again it will burn but it's not getting any better.
10 >>
11 > K3b is running mkisofs and growisofs at the same time, hence the mixed up
12 > debug output making it hard to see where the error is coming from. Take
13 > the media, drive and growisofs out of the equation by getting K3b to
14 > create an ISO image instead. If that works, write the image to disc with
15 >
16 > growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=/path/to/file.iso
17 >
18 > At least you'll have a better idea where the problem lies.
22 Could I just get rid of one of the programs or are they all part of the
23 same package? I suspect a mismatch of package versions which is why I
24 went unstable with k3b and cdrtools.
25
26 It is odd that it is trying to run two programs at the same time tho.
27
28 Dale
29