From: peter@××××××××××××.uk
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] opencl runtime
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 11:49:17
1 On Tuesday, 4 October 2022 11:15:44 BST Michael wrote:
2
3 > On a number of stable systems with a selection of different Northern Islands
4 > to Sea Islands APUs/GPUs, I have media-libs/mesa installed in as a
5 > dependency. Given the above message and noticing
6 > dev-libs/rocm-opencl-runtime is still in testing, am I meant to keyword it
7 > and install it manually, or will it replace mesa automagically some day in
8 > the future when marked as stable?
9
10 You need to add it to package.keywords. I've been running like that for some
11 years, to enable GPU processing of BOINC projects on an AMD Radeon Pro
12 WX5100.
15 Regards,
16 Peter.