From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: billk@×××××××××.au
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java replacement
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 01:40:11
1 On 01/25/2017 05:03 AM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > The java 8u112 download that the latest oracle java pulls in requires an
4 > invasive questionnaire to create an Oracle account to enable the download.
5 >
6 > I was using iced-tea at one stage but found the android sdk didn’t work
7 > well with it - is there a less objectionable java source than oracle
8 > that has a compatible java?
9 >
10 > BillK
11 "Why does radio-shack ask for your phone number why you buy batteries!"
12
13 Always good to not put up with this crap, I like to feed them obviously
14 fake information when I need something from a place that insists on
15 doing this.
16
17 I purchased some hardware (at a physical store with cash none the less)
18 recently and the cashier asked for my information and was annoyingly
19 insistent[1] so I gave them "John Smith at 123 1st Street" as she
20 audibly sucked her teeth.
21
22 The more people put up with this stuff the more bad things will happen -
23 two police officers recently were murdered in france because a terrorist
24 got their address off the internet and paid them a visit.
25
26 [1]I presume they get a bonus for how many marketing emails/information
27 they collect.