From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice 2.0 + NFS = hang
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:17:24
1 On 10/25/05, Konstantin V. Gavrilenko <mlists@××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I have emerge OpenOffice 2.0 recently and noticed a strange problem,
4 > that whenever I try to access the file located on the nfs, the OO2
5 > hangs. The rest of the applications are working fine with nfs, and such
6 > problem never happened with OpenOffice 1.x
9 I experienced the same problem while trying to migrate a network share from
10 samba to nfs.
11 Everything else worked fine with nfs. I could even open the OO files in
12 file-roller, for example, with no errors at all.
13 Thus, I was forced to go back and stick to samba.
14 Do you get loads of 'NFS server not responding' messages in your log files
15 as well?
18 Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora | Email: bruno@×××××××.net
19 Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477
20 Rio de Janeiro - Brazil |