From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Manual pages (man pages) have ESC all through them when having used sudo.
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 16:03:12
1 On 02/27/2010 08:32 PM, Dan Cowsill wrote:
2 > On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:57 PM, ubiquitous1980<nixuser1980@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> If I have logged in through sudo such as $ sudo su, when I then use man
4 >> pages, they are covered in "ESC". This does not occur when using normal
5 >> user accounts or the root account through su. Wondering what is going
6 >> on. Thanks.
10 > Kind of curious about this myself. It has just been a minor annoyance
11 > to me for the last couple of years, but it seems to show up only when
12 > logged onto root.
13
14 There are several environment variables that affect the output of man,
15 e.g. PAGER, LESS, LESSCOLOR, LESSOPEN, LESSIGNORE, the contents of
16 ~/.lessfilter and probably other things I can't remember.
17
18 Any of those might be different for root.