From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sendmail: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:58:34
1 On 18 June 2013, at 16:00, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > Every time I compile a package I get a message:
4 >
5 > sendmail: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address support: Address family not supported by protocol
6
7 1. Could you post the output of `grep -i mail /etc/make.conf` please?
8
9 2. Could you show us some relevant output indicating the status of the "ipv6" USE flag on your system, please? Please show us all packages installed with it activated.
10
11 I don't have an uptodate Gentoo system handy right now, so I'm not immediately sure the best way to perform that latter. There must be something cleaner and faster than `emerge -ep world | grep -i ipv6`, probably something in Gentoolkit.
12
13 You get the message when you compile packages, and the error message begins with "sendmail" - this makes me think you have portage configured (in your make.conf) to send you its output by email (the ewarn, eerror &c messages), and that it is your mailer which is giving this warning.
14
15 Googling the message suggests that your mailer might be Postfix: http://www.google.com/search?q=sendmail:+warning:+inet_protocols:+disabling+IPv6
16
17 If so, the second hit looks promising: http://unix.stackexchange.com/a/70962