From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] From where the word 'gentoo' came?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:44:34
1 On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM, LinuxIsOne <reallife@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Well, that's up to whether you trust that issuer not to give out
5 >> certificates to people using falsified credentials, setting up
6 >> phishing sites, etc. Any time you choose to allow a person outside of
7 >> yourself to decide who or what you trust, there's some element of
8 >> risk. That the Gentoo devs trust cacert.org to be their issuer for
9 >> b.g.o. is enough for me to feel that risk is worth it in my case, but
10 >> that's as much as I can really say.
11 >
12 > I am relatively new, so have not fully understood what you say. What's
13 > b.g.o, by the way? And how do I add it in trusted ones?
16 An alternative to adding new trust certificates to your machine,
17 consider simply changing the URL when you run into this problem::
20 Secure: https://
21
22 Unsecure but fine for just viewing: http://
25 HTH,