From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying KDE-4
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:03:16
1 2008/10/23 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>:
2 > On Thursday 23 October 2008 11:28:49 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >> On Wednesday 22 October 2008 19:32:08 Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
4 >> > Please post again the output from emerge -pvutND world but attach it in
5 >> > a file so it doesn't get crippled by the mail program.
6 >>
7 >> Attached.
8 >
9 > Finally, we can see what you are running into.
10 >
11 > This is a stable box and you are trying to install latest kde:4 onto it right?
12 >
13 > emerge is trying to install qt-4.3.3 which is marked stable and conflicts with
14 > what kde-4.1.2 wants
15 >
16 > generate an autounmask for qt
19 I thought he already installed some of the qt split ebuilds so they
20 should be unmasked, but let us see :-)
23 Regards,
24 Daniel