From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] possible defective memory
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 01:21:40
1 On Sunday 09 October 2005 03:08, bruce harding wrote:
2 > I've got 2 sticks of Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR Registered & ECC. Is it
3 > possible that this if I ran memtest86+ for 2 days straight and found no
4 > error that the memory could still be defective?
5 >
6 > I ask because I can't get a complete compile of glibc. I have to
7 > restart the process at lease 3 times before the compile will complete.
10 > Let me know what you think.
11 > --
12
13 yes it is completly possible.
14
15 But it is also possible, that your PSU is not powerfull enough. A big compile
16 needs a lot of processing power and stresses the ram, so a lot of current is
17 needed - and some PSUs aren't able to cope with such a load -exspecially if
18 they are cheap and/or a little bit older.
19 Try another PSU, do you still have problems, RMA the ram.
20
21 Memtest86(+) is known not to find all errors.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list