From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xmms doesn't see mp4 plugin
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:06:14
1 Hi all,
2
3 A couple of weeks ago xmms stopped recognizing m4a/mp4 files, and instead of
4 playing them it just opened up the file dialogue, as it does with all files
5 it doesn't recognize. Today I finally looked into why this may be happening.
6
7 Now, as best as I can tell the way to enable this is to install faad2 with the
8 xmms USE flag set, which I did have. Indeed, the needed plugins were
9 in /usr/lib/xmms/Input/
10
11 Just for giggles, I re-emerged faad2, as the plugins were dated from before it
12 stopped working, and it updated/rebuilt:
13
14 /usr/lib/xmms/Input/libmp4.so
15 /usr/lib/xmms/Input/libmp4.la
16 /usr/lib/xmms/Input/libmp4.a
17
18 However, when looking at the input plugins tab in xmms preferences, they don't
19 even show up. The Flac, Vorbis, cdaudio et al plugins in the same directory
20 do show up.
21
22 Does anyone have an idea here? Is it a faad2 bug, xmms bug? Am I missing
23 something?
24
25 Thanks,
26 -d
27 --
28 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
29 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
30 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list