From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Finer grained date output.
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 05:12:51
1 On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 04:17:27AM +0200, Marco Matthies wrote:
2 > Harry Putnam wrote:
3 > >I know about perl scipting for this but wanted something like the
4 > >`date' command that is its own dedicated program.
5 > >
6 > >Is there a unix tool that outputs a finer grain of time segments?
7 >
8 > man date
9 > look for nanosecond format, e.g.:
10 > date +"%N"
11
12 The nanosecond option has always puzzled me, if only because on my box
13 I never get any finer grained output than microseconds... i.e. date
14 +%N always gives 0 as the last three digits.
15
16 Now technically this computer runs at 2 GHz... so presumably it is
17 possible to hit the enter key "not exactly on the microsecond". Is
18 there something in the kernel? or the clock?
19
20 W
21 --
22 You're not paranoid.
23 The world _IS_ fucked.
24 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 8 days, 8:08
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list