From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:36:27
1 Wes Gray wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 10:17:20PM +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
3 > > Delete all the other kde files from /etc/env.d/, keeping only
4 > > the 3.4 one. The older ones are not needed any more since
5 > > you've uninstalled those versions, no? This may solve some of
6 > > your problems by removing that KDEDIR env var.
7 >
8 > That solved everything! I didn't have to emerge or anything.
9 > You are wonderful!
10
11 :) Thanks.
12
13 > I'm still going to go through and do the
14 > other things you suggest here to get my system cleaned up.
15
16 Take care with the depcleaning, it can cripple your system
17 completely. Most of the things in your depclean list look
18 harmless, except for acl and attr -- they tripped me up several
19 moons ago. To play it safe, first tar up /lib and /usr/lib, and if
20 after the cleaning anything starts to fail, re-extract the missing
21 lib. If even tar should fail, use 'busybox tar' instead.
22
23 After you're done with that, you may want to clean up your world
24 file, as suggested by Richard. And after that, another round of
25 depcleaning.
26
27 Benno
28 --