From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] f-spot depends on mono?
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 03:22:59
1 On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:07:08 +0800 Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
4 > wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:37:04 +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> yeah, digikam is great. i tried it on kde. but i am using gnome,
8 > >> and i want to keep my system compact.
9 > >
10 > > Then why are you using GNOME?
13 > so, you mean kde is more compact than gnome? but i found it took me
14 > much longer time to build kde than to build gnome.
15
16 He means, why are you using GNOME if you want a compact system. Neither
17 KDE nor GNOME are compact.
18
19 > actually, i were using kde for a while, and just want to switch to
20 > gnome to see how the system works. anyway, many other linux distros
21 > use gnome as the standard desktop, i think there's a reason.
22
23 There is one, but it has more to do with tradition, licensing, or who
24 runs the project than anything else. There are popular distros using
25 KDE as default, and there are ones that use GNOME. And then there
26 are some that use XFCE or something different. And then there are
27 distros that don't have a default, like Gentoo for example. So that's a
28 non-argument. ;-)
31 Cheers,
32 Renat
35 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
36 durch die sie entstanden sind.
37 (Einstein)