From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How do slots work?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:47:37
1 On 08/29/2011 01:51 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > What I really want to do is to try out Gnome 3, to see if it's like what
4 > people say it is, but without endangering my current Gnome 2.32.1.
5
6 This is the fastest and easiest way to try it:
7
8 http://gnome3.org/tryit.html
9
10 After I tried it I decided quickly that I'm content to wait until it's
11 really stable on gentoo. At this point I'd say it's a waste of time to
12 try to install from the overlay unless you want to help debug it.