From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Waaaaaay [OT] Windoze back-up. Sorry to ask. :-(
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 22:34:20
1 On Friday 05 May 2006 14:23, Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
2 wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Waaaaaay [OT] Windoze back-up. Sorry to
3 ask. :-(':
4 > I think most if not all my problem is the Linksys router. I don't think
5 > I have it set up to let the two systems connect to each other. I'm not
6 > sure where to even start either. She lost the book to the thing. I did
7 > trial and error to get the internet working.
8
9 What model? You throw OpenWRT on it, if possible, and then all your
10 documentation is then online. :) FWIW, Most linksys models automatically
11 (layer-3) bridge 802.11a/b/g and all wired connections exception for
12 the 'WAN' port, so you should be able to see each other unless on is using
13 the WAN (but then your Internet would probably be having problems, too.)
16 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
17 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
18 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
19 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh