From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Webcamviewer (or such) ?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 19:50:36
1 On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 18:06:57 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > I am looking for something, which displays one port/one stream of
4 > > such an URL in a window sized according to the physical resolution
5 > > of the stream, so I can pin it in one corne of my display without
6 > > interfering with the rest and without killing my RAM.
7
8 > vlc and mplayer can usually be persuaded to play almost anything using
9 > every imaginable URI out there. Very adaptable softwares :-)
10
11 Indeed. I use cvlc, which displays just the stream in a window without
12 all the clutter of menu and navigation controls, to display feeds from
13 security cameras like this. You can also pass it more than one URL and
14 use the N and P keys to move between the streams.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
21 appreciates how difficult it was.