From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Install Migration
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 21:11:44
1 I've set up my desktop machine using LVM over software raid, and
2 although I like it I'm getting weary of the complication of the setup
3 for a simple desktop system. What I would like to do is get the same
4 install (packages, config files, etc) as are currently used, but have it
5 all on one file system for simplicity. I know I can use DD to copy a
6 filesystem, but I don't think that will work in this case. I was
7 thinking of doing a fresh install and then using my backup of /etc to
8 try and get the same setup. If I copy the world file from the previous
9 system and emerge -e world, will that get all the packages I currently
10 have? Afterwards I would just copy the rest of /etc into place and go
11 about on my merry way. Are there any problems with this approach?
12
13 R
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list