From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB-C PD delivery & Lenovo USB-C hub.
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 17:44:10
1 On Sunday, 22 September 2019 18:06:50 BST Dom Rodriguez wrote:
2 > ... Of course, it _would_ help, if I had provided the link to the hub
3 > itself!
4 >
5 > https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07919ZNB4
6 >
7 > :)
8 >
9 > On this date - Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 06:01:42PM +0100, Dom Rodriguez wrote:
10 > > Hello,
11 > >
12 > > I've got an Lenovo Thinkpad X270 laptop, with USB-C support. I ordered an
13 > > Lenovo USB-C hub from Amazon the other day, and it arrived today. It [the
14 > > hub] is recognised by the kernel for USB, but not for power delivery
15 > > (PD), via ACPI.
16 > >
17 > > Oddly enough, when I plug the USB-C cable from the mains adapter directly
18 > > to the USB-C port, ACPI recognises it fine - so I've narrowed it down to
19 > > a driver issue.
20
21 I assume you have enabled the USB-C drivers in the kernel and also PCI
22 hotplug?
23
24 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/USB/Guide#USB_Type-C_and_Thunderbolt
27 > > I've tried using the hub on my Thinkpad 13" on both Windows and Linux
28 > > (Arch, specifically; Gentoo isn't on there at the moment.), and its
29 > > recognised fine. Therefore I do not believe the hub *itself* is faulty.
30 > >
31 > > In terms of diagnostic information, I'm not sure where to start, so if
32 > > anyone needs certain information to help with the issue, please let me
33 > > know, and I'll do my best to email it.
34 > >
35 > > I'm running gentoo-sources-5.3.1 for the kernel.
36 > >
37 > > Any ideas? Thanks :-)
38
39 I don't have such a device to advise on the specifics, but look at dmesg,
40 lspci -knn, lsusb to see if the device is recognised, or if any errors on
41 missing components are reported.
42 --
43 Regards,
44 Mick