From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udisks and exfat
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 17:12:37
1 On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 09:19:55AM +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote
2 > How does one execute a file on an exfat formatted usb key?
3 >
4 > I have an encryption app that must be executed from the drive to work
5 > (secure-stick).  Works great in windows, linux is a real pain because I
6 > think udisks is forcing execute off and I cant overide it.
7
8 This is a security measure. If I try to execute a bash script on
9 /dev/shm I get a "Permission denied" error. This can be overriden by
10 manually remounting. According to "man mount"...
11
12 > mount(8) since v2.27 allows to change the mount options by passing
13 > the relevant options along with --bind. For example:
14 >
15 > mount -o bind,ro foo foo
16 >
17 > This feature is not supported by the Linux kernel; it is implemented
18 > in userspace by an additional mount(2) remounting system call. This
19 > solution is not atomic.
20
21 Can you manually remount it after it has been mounted by udisks?
24 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
25 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications