From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In need of script/command that will parse out all the packages from "emerge -avu world"
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:14:56
1 Boris Fersing ha scritto:
2 > let's say you want to install a package "A" which depends on "B" and
3 > "C", if you emerge these 3 packages with emerge -av A B C, the package
4 > B and C won't be removed when you'll uninstall A and you'll have
5 > unneeded dependencies installed on your system !
6 >
7 > If you install only A with emerge -av A and let portage manage the
8 > dependencies for you, your system will still "clean" !
9
10 I always understood that "emerge -C" NEVER deleted dependencies (and i
11 fact, I've never seen it happening).
12 Isn't it why the dreaded "emerge depclean" exists?
13
14 By the way, I've never used --oneshot too...
15
16 m.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list