From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: any gentoo mutt users?
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 20:17:00
1 On 2009-05-03, James <jtp@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I actually do use xfce4, so I may give the mailwatch plugin a
4 > try.
5
6 You'll probably want to use the SVN version -- it's got several
7 fixes that I don't think are in the released packages.
8
9 > Certainly lame that it opens a new connection every time it
10 > polls, but maybe that's something I can tweak in the code if I
11 > settle.
12
13 I've been thinking about having a go at re-writing the IMAP
14 stuff to hold the connection open and use the IDLE command to
15 allow the server to send a notification to the client instead
16 of having the clinet repeatedly polling the server, but I
17 haven't done anything yet (and I'm probably not going to
18 anytime soon).
19
20 > What do you use to poll, Grant? Gbuffy?
21
22 The XFCE mailwatch plugin.
25 Grant