From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Lowest common denominator compile
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 03:31:18
1 >> It truly sounds great but the devil is in the details in my particular
2 >> environment. If I feel like I'm outgrowing my script (and maybe even
3 >> if I don't) I'll dig into ansible. How big of a duty is the
4 >> implementation?
5 >
6 > Implementation is easy, it's just another Python app with a config file.
7 >
8 > Then there's some associated work around getting your SSH setup the way
9 > you want it with the correct users and passwords and keys and enough
10 > access control that you feel safe. Nothing new there, you likely already
11 > have all that already. If not, well ssh isn't exactly new to you :-)
12 >
13 > The bulk of the work is in thinking and planning what you want to
14 > achieve. You have to have a very clear picture of the end goal so you
15 > can build towards it; this part is exactly like thinking your way
16 > through code you intend to write. This part depends on how complex your
17 > stuff is and how many exceptions you have to the rule.
18 >
19 > You're the only one that knows if the result will be worth while, so
20 > like all new toys I suppose the best approach is to tinker with it a
21 > bit, see if you like it, then decide if you think it worthwhile to proceed.
24 Will do, thanks Alan.
25
26 - Grant