From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sansa Clip+ no device for expansion card
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 02:02:21
1 On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > I just got a Sansa Clip+ and when I plug it into my gentoo box, it sees
4 > the device as mass-storage, creates /dev/sdc, and I can mount it as vfat
5 > and put songs on it. That's all fine.
6 >
7 > However, I put an expansion micro-SD card into it. The player sees it
8 > fine. When I plug the player into my Mac, it puts two devices on the
9 > desktop. When I plug it into my Linux box, /var/log/messages only lists
10 > /dev/sdc (not /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd as I expected) being created.
11 >
12 > I can plug another USB device in and /dev/sdd is created, so there's
13 > nothing keeping the system from creating /dev/sdd. I have it's USB
14 > mode set to MSC.
15 >
16 > What else could be keeping it from seeing the expansion card?
19 Probably kernel config - check to make sure you enabled "Probe all LUNs on
20 each SCSI device" - under Device Drivers->SCSI device support
21
22 -James