From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: escape from i3lock
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 20:47:22
On 2019-07-11 09:57, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> > setxkbmap -option srvrkeys:none > > i3lock -c 003355 -n > > setxkbmap -option '' > > Thanks for the idea! It won't work as is for me because I already use > some non-default xkb options. But it is closer than anything that has > come up yet. I'll get there.
Okay, I got it to work in a brute force way: I just added another setxkbmap command to set my normal options, the same ones as in my xorg.conf. But something weird happens when I try the fancy way: saving the options with "setxkbmap -print >FILE" and then restoring them with "xkbcomp FILE". It seems that the change I make with "setxkbmap -option FOO" is never reflected in the output of "setxkbmap -print". Looks like another place with multiple "levels" of configuration stepping over each other. -- Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet, if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup. To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.