From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: escape from i3lock
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 20:47:22
1 On 2019-07-11 09:57, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > > setxkbmap -option srvrkeys:none
4 > > i3lock -c 003355 -n
5 > > setxkbmap -option ''
6 >
7 > Thanks for the idea! It won't work as is for me because I already use
8 > some non-default xkb options. But it is closer than anything that has
9 > come up yet. I'll get there.
10
11 Okay, I got it to work in a brute force way: I just added another
12 setxkbmap command to set my normal options, the same ones as in my
13 xorg.conf.
14
15 But something weird happens when I try the fancy way: saving the options
16 with "setxkbmap -print >FILE" and then restoring them with "xkbcomp
17 FILE". It seems that the change I make with "setxkbmap -option FOO" is
18 never reflected in the output of "setxkbmap -print".
19
20 Looks like another place with multiple "levels" of configuration
21 stepping over each other.
24 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
25 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
26 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
27 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.