From: Nilesh Govindarajan <contact@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cups and Ricoh Aficio 270
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 01:33:28
1 On Tue 11 Oct 2011 01:13:41 AM IST, Mick wrote:
2 > I'm struggling to get anything printed properly - is there a proper driver for
3 > this printer in CUPS. The driver I've chosen seems to distort everything
4 > (like a page of A4 text comes out as a black spot 3px high and 2 wide! )
5 >
6 > I've selected AppSocket/HP JetDirect and then since no Ricoh driver showed up
7 > I selected Make:Generic and Driver:Generic PCL Laser Printer (en).
8 >
9 > The reason I've chosen AppSocket/HP JetDirect is because nmap returned this
10 > protocol when I scanned the printer. Choosing ipp, or http, lpd was not
11 > successful either.
12 >
13 > However, this AppSocket/HP JetDirect protocol with the Generic driver gives
14 > the broken printing I've described above. Selecting the Generic PostScript
15 > Printer (en) it prints pages and pages with ascii or screwed up characters
16 > when I try a test page.
17 >
18 > Any suggestions?
19
20 I don't know about this printer, have you checked the printer
21 compatibility list? (openprinting.org I guess).
22 See how good is your printer supported.
25 Nilesh Govindarajan
26 http://nileshgr.com